This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

WPF combo box

Jun 29, 2010 at 9:04 AM
Hello Jbe, I was wondering. Have you considered adding an example of how to populate a combo box from a data table to the booklibrary application. I know you already have the language combo but I was thinking of something a bit more interactive. For example a "Format" table with different formats where a user could select from one of the formats when entering in book information and where the formatid of the format table was linked in with a foreign key to the book table. Right now I've a need to do something similar and it would be great to see an example in your framework. Thanks, Richard
Jul 2, 2010 at 5:40 PM

At the moment I haven’t planned to extend the BookLibrary example this way, but thanks for the idea.

I believe this should be quite straight forward with the Entity Framework. The only problem I ran into was that the EntityCollection doesn’t implement the INotifyCollectionChanged interface which is used by WPF Binding to recognize changes. I have opened a bug entry at Microsoft Connect. A workaround is described in this bug entry which you might find useful when you run into the same issue.

Jul 2, 2010 at 5:52 PM
Edited Jul 2, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Thanks Jbe,

I'll have a look at the bug you filed and the work around.

By the way I just wanted to mention that I first looked at your framework back in April. At that time I thought it was good but I wanted to take my time looking at all the other frameworks out there. Well after two months of looking I'm right back to now starting to use your framework. You did a great job and I hope many more take advantage of the work you have done.

Now I'm wondering if you have plans to extend the framework. You mentioned possibly making some changes that might take advantage of some new Net 4 capabilities. Even making a small improvement to the framework every month would I think give people more confidence to adopt your framework.

Richard