Using VS 2012 (or even 2010) - project errors

Feb 21, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Edited Feb 21, 2013 at 3:37 PM
I downloaded the WPFApplicationFramework code and tried to open it in CS2012. It doesn't like the Architecture project (it is apparently "incompatitble")

When I tried to open it with VS 2010, I also got a number of errors (including that the Architecture.modelproj can't be opened because it's project type is not supported.)

So my guess is that I need to add something to my implementations to make it work. I tried to look through the discussions and documentation, but apparently missed the information on what I need to do to VS so that it can open/use the projects properly.

I am also trying to find docs on how to set up the data for the sample BookLibrary.

I think that the VS conversion routine may have also tweaked some other things as well, but will research this a little more first.

Thanks
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Edited Feb 23, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Thank you for your feedback.

1. Architecture project
You can ignore the error message that Visual Studio is not able to load it. It does not affect the library or the sample applications.

Background info: The Architecture project is a Modeling project which is only supported by the two most expensive Visual Studio editions Ultimate and Premium. It is used to validate the layer dependencies and the namespace usage during the Release build.

2. Visual Studio 2010
You should not get any error by using Visual Studio 2010 except of the one with the Architecture project.

If you are using the Visual Studio 2010 Express edition then I recommend downloading the “WAF-VSExpress-2.5.0.400.zip” package.

3. Visual Studio 2012
I recommend downloading one of the 3.x packages because they are already upgraded to Visual Studio 2012.

The version 3.0.0.1 is very similar to the version 2.5.0.400. Mostly it was upgrading to the new Visual Studio 2012 and upgrading the SQL Server Compact database to the version 4.0.

4. New features and .NET 4.5
The most recent download can be found here: http://waf.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Downloads
Apr 4, 2013 at 2:22 PM
VS 2010 Says Code Snippets.dll missing ... ??
Coordinator
Apr 7, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Could you provide me more information?
  1. Which download/version of the WPF Application Framework are you using?
  2. Which version of Visual Studio 2010 are you using (e.g. Express, Ultimate)?
  3. Do you have installed the Service Pack 1 for Visual Studio 2010?
However, the “Code Snippets” are not important for the WPF Application Framework (WAF) libraries or the sample applications. You can ignore this message.
Apr 20, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Hi jbe2277,

I have just downloaded the 3.0.0.4 version and tried to load the Book Library sample application but I'm getting the following error on line 58 of App.xaml.cs:

Could not load file or assembly 'Waf.BookLibrary.Reporting.Presentation.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Coordinator
Apr 20, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Please build the whole solution before you start one of the sample applications.