Login (inferring existence of different user roles) and modules composition

May 23, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Hello,

Thank you, first, for the quality and amount of work put in this framework.
Recognizing here and there the whys and hows the framework is built in such a way is utterly impressive. I know why I want it.

I would like in the meantime ask you any advise about a new application we are about to develop. the application is multi users and multi roles, depending of the role of the current user.

I would like to ask advise on implementing use-cases for more advanced roles (admin);

would it be acceptable to place the implementation of these - restricted- use-cases within Extension modules?

If this makes sense up to here, would it be reasonable to "MEF" compose the different parts after the login is actually performed?

Or, said in another manner, having the application composed in two phases? Minimal to offer logins then the in a second phase the construction of right extension based on current role of the user?

Let me know if I m about to hit the wall too hard.
Thank you very much in advance.
Coordinator
May 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Edited May 30, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Thank you for your feedback.

Your idea should work to implement a multi-role application. But maybe a simpler approach might be suitable for your needs as well.

A simple approach could be to introduce a service that provides the roles of the current user. The Controllers check the user roles and activate only the functionality the user is allowed to use. An advantage of this approach could be that the same View can be reused in different roles. In one role it is read-only and in another role the data can be modified.
May 31, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Edited May 31, 2013 at 8:00 AM
We will follow your advise instead of multiple phases loading; I got the point of View re-use and the read-only/editable granularity.
Thanks, jbe2277!