This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Help to design a MVVM Workspace Controller

Jul 6, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Hi EveryOne!

First of all thanks and advanced!

I have been studying MVVM pattern along of 3 weeks and I'd like to start a new project using this pattern.

But as a learner a watch some videos and one that have impressed me was the StaffLynx App : http://www.dnrtv.com/default.aspx?showNum=115,
this REAL app is very, very awesome.

As I choose the WAF as my framework, I would like to ask a help of someone with more experience in MVVM pattern to build such NON-LINEAR Navigation
on MVVM Apps.

I have been trying to build some sample, based on that idea, but I could not get no result at this time.

I'd like to have a help of someone, even if was to say to me that I need to quit this challenge!

I hope I could make some friends in this Discussion!

Thanks you all!

[]'s

Oct 11, 2010 at 4:54 PM
Edited Oct 11, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Hello,

I'm going to start a new WPF project as well. Did you find something more on MVVM framework ?

Don't you prefer to use a Messaging service (like in Prism et MVVM Light) instead of classic events like in WAF ?

For dirty tracking and detect return to original values, in a n-tiers scenario, did you find any solution ? I looked at Self Tracking Entities, RIA or Data Services (and even DevForce). None of them support this feature out of the box.

StaffLynx App is great but it should represent quite a lot of work to acheive this.